Thursday, June 7, 2012
Readers are hungry for book three
1. Currently no title has been released. Title will release prior to book release. ;-)
2. Cover design is underway.
3. Currently, I'm on the third draft.
4. The title of the book is NOT "Kiss me, little raven."
5. Release date TBA - Scheduled this Fall.
6. Title and Cover reveal will be done prior to book release.
7. Previous books in the Mageri series are STERLING (.99 cents) and TWIST ($2.99)
8. This is a dark Urban Fantasy Romance Series
9. I will not reveal the synopsis or blurb ahead of time. I know this is standard for many books, but I absolutely love keeping the reader surprise. If the readers hate me for doing this going forward, I may change this plan..haha
10. The next book will most likely be priced at $2.99. So tell your friends, spread the word, twitter, post on goodreads and in groups; it's a very reasonably priced series!
The interesting thing about the series so far is that when I look at also boughts in other countries, I see things like "50 shades of grey". Well, fifty shades this is not. Nor is this a YA series. Hopefully, it's something a little different than the mainstream.
Scheduling a book release is very stressful, particularly when you have a day job. I need to get this book ready for the betas by July so that I can get it back for the last edit and work on it in August. The editor is scheduled for September. I'm not sure how any author can crank out 4 books or more a year, even if they did stay at home. Time is a great ally because you can step away and come back with a fresh perspective. Not everyone checks out my Facebook page, but I'm still receiving a lot of e-mails and messages asking about the third book, so if you happened upon this blog doing a search for it, then that should answer most of it. :-)
Will there be new characters? Yes. Some are walk-ins and you never know their name while others have a more prominent role. Some readers like a tight circle of 4 characters in a book, but this is a world, and within that world there are acquaintances, friends, enemies, a bartender, a floozy....Otherwise, I might have considered having it all take place inside of a secluded castle. ;-) Not every character will last throughout the series, but perhaps just have a random appearance. If you go to wikipedia and look up the twilight cast, you'll see that I'm not exactly doing anything new here by having plus 10. I have my central characters and I think most of us know who they are. Sometimes I think they're relevant in giving more background behind some of the main characters.
SO, I really hope that with any new addition it brings something interesting, even if their role is small.
I'm nervous about the book cover. Admittedly I fumbled around with my first attempt, but I always get this way when it's time to design. It's important that the cover speaks to me and that I'm completely satisfied with it. So it should be done when I've bitten my nails and pulled out my hair. ;-) I will do a cover reveal early and hope that the readers like it.
So, who is hungry for book three?