While it's an American tradition of turkey, stuffing, pecan pie, and football - it's also a time to reflect. Maybe we don't do that enough in our lives. Truly reflect on what we have, not what we want or wish could be.
While you may find humor in some of these, my intent is honesty (I swear it!)
If you are reading this on Goodreads, you'll need to visit my blog to see the bullet points - otherwise it converts over like one giant paragraph! (I am thankful I noticed that)
- I am thankful I found a new apartment this year that I love. I am equally thankful that my downstairs neighbor elected to purchase an acoustic guitar vs an electric. I wish him much success.
- I am thankful for my current health, as I went through a rough patch a couple of years ago. I'm too young to have things like that happen, but to be honest, it put my life in complete perspective and may have been pivotal in starting up this writing again.
- I am thankful to have both my parents who are also in good health. They put up with me, and god bless them for that. They deserve medals.
- I am thankful for keeping a positive attitude at work and helping to mentor those around me and create a positive environment (even though inside I'm screaming and driving nails in my hands)
- I am thankful for those who have come into my life, and those who have left it.
- I am thankful my cat, Mia, has decided not to tear up my brand new chair with her sharp claws
- I am thankful my godson grew up to be such an outstanding kid with a bright future and positive outlook.
- I am thankful i found Vampire wine in the stores at Halloween before they sold out. (i really am!)
- I am thankful for those who have supported me - friends and strangers alike - in publishing my novels. Every email, every review, every "like" on facebook or follow on the blog, every bit of it fills me with gratitude. (ok, well maybe not ALL reviews...lol)
- I am thankful I got off my lazy butt over a year ago and started walking 1-5 miles a day. I've slacked off these past couple of months, but I've never felt better. Especially when I'm eating that pint of caramel ice cream.
- I'm thankful Jason Momoa has chosen his roles carefully - so that he is shirtless in nearly every damn thing he's in.
- I am thankful for not having cable for the past 10 years. I don't miss it, and it gives me more free time to write. Plus I'm an obsessive channel flipper, so having 999 stations would not help that addiction.
- I am thankful for having people in my life who get my humor, and roll with it. (and hell, if you encourage it you get extra points)
- I am thankful for Bones, Vishous, and all of the men in novels that make me want to keep reading more story lines centered around dysfunctional men.
- I am thankful that through every tragedy or near tragedy in my life, I've survived and ended up where I am now. Sitting at my dining table, drinking hot cocoa, and taking whatever life throws at me.